Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Stanley Bradbury <St...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/01 16:11:26 UTC

Re: somtimes no connect

Steffen Winkler wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> a colleague sometimes could not connect to Derby on his
> laptop. Connect was possible after restart of his laptop. The log-File
> is written down below. We use derby 10.2.1.6 started as a service by
> JavaServiceLauncher (jslwin.sourceforge.net/) on Win XP. Any Idea?
>
> Here is the Log:
>
> Version: V0.9, Datum/Zeit: 28.11.2006 08:51:16 DanProDerbyController.start
> Der Server ist bereit, am Port 1527 Verbindungen zu akzeptieren.
>
> --> Server is started
>
> ***** Start Application: DanPro.jar, Version, time: V0.9, 28.11.2006
> 15:49:28, Java-Version: 1.5.0_07, Betriebssystem: Windows XP
>
> --> Application is started
>
> Verbindung AUFgebaut: 28.11.2006 15:51:56, User: ADMIN, URL:
> jdbc:derby://DANXPU83:1527/C:/Programme/DANDerby/danproDB,
> Java-Version: 1.5.0_07, Betriebssystem: Windows XP, Connection:
> org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnection@1712193
> <ma...@1712193>
>
> --> Connection OK
>
> Verbindung ABgebaut:  28.11.2006 15:54:05, User: ADMIN, URL:
> jdbc:derby://DANXPU83:1527/C:/Programme/DANDerby/danproDB
>
> --> Disconnect
>
> ***** Stop Application: Version, time: V0.9, 28.11.2006 15:54:05
>
> --> Application is stopped, everything OK
>
> ***** Start Application: DanPro.jar, Version, time: V0.9, 28.11.2006
> 16:10:02, Java-Version: 1.5.0_07, Betriebssystem: Windows XP
>
> --> Application is restarted
>
> Die Verbindung mit der Datenbank
> jdbc:derby://DANXPU83:1527/C:/Programme/DANDerby/danproDB ist nicht
> möglich.
> Version: V0.9, Datum/Zeit: 28.11.2006 16:10:13
>
> java.net.ConnectException : Error connecting to server DANXPU83 on
> port 1527 with message Connection refused: connect.
>
> --> Connect not possible
>
> ***** Stop Application: Version, time: V0.9, 28.11.2006 16:10:28
>
> --> Application is stopped
>
> Version: V0.9, Datum/Zeit: 28.11.2006 16:11:47
> DanProDerbyController.shutdown start
> Erfolgreich heruntergefahren.
> Erfolgreich heruntergefahren.
> Version: V0.9, Datum/Zeit: 28.11.2006 16:11:51
> DanProDerbyController.shutdown erfolgreich beendet.
>
> --> Server is stopped because of computer shutdown
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
>
> i.A. Dr. Steffen Winkler
> DAN Produkte
> Pflegedokumentation GmbH
> Birlenbacher Str. 48
> 57078 Siegen
> Fon:    0271-880980
> Fax:    0271-8809898
> mailto:steffen.winkler@danprodukte.de
> http://www.danprodukte.de <http://www.danprodukte.de/>

Hi -
The most common cause of a 1527 failure message is that the Network
Server is not running.  Check to be sure that the application does not
shutdown the Network Server when it shutsdown.

HTH

Re: AW: AW: somtimes no connect

Posted by Peter Ondruska <pe...@gmail.com>.
I guess you must be using Windows. Try to disable network connection
detection (not sure how it is named precisely, see your network card
settings--I have become Mac user...)

Re: AW: AW: somtimes no connect

Posted by Stanley Bradbury <St...@gmail.com>.
Comments inline - prefaced by  '>>'
NOTE: I am not a Network architect but believe my understanding as
described below is correct.

Steffen Winkler wrote:
> Thank you Stan.
>
> We come closer to the solution:
>
> Application, database and Network server is installed on the same computer
> (Laptop).
> Url contains computername (e.g. danxpu73).
>
> If the network-cable is plugged off, the connection closes with following
> error:
>  -4499: A communications error has been detected: Connection reset by peer:
> socket write error.
>
 >> OK, the Client or the Server (whomever printed the error) noticed
that the connection had been broken and probably marked the connection
as disabled.
> Restart the application and ping leads to the error:
> DRDA_NoIO.S:Es konnte keine Verbindung zu Derby Network Server auf dem Host
> danxpu73, Port 1527, hergestellt werden.
> That means "no connection possible".
>
 >> Sounds like the network cable is still unplugged so there is not way
to address the network and so this error makes sense.
> Shutdown the server leads to the error:
> -4499 java.net.NoRouteToHostException : Error connecting to server danxpu73
> on port 1527 with message No route to host: connect.
> Restarting the Network-Sever solves this problem.
>
 >> No route because the network cable is still unplugged?
> If the network-cable is plugged off and re-plugged in, then new connection
> of the application is possible.
>
 >> So now the network is back and you can connect again.
> Similar problems occur, when I use IP-Number instead of computername.
>
 >> OK, using IP or hostname on the URL invokes network code and
requires a network connection regardless of where the client is located
> No problem occurs, when I use "localhost".
>
 >> I assume this will always work because 'localhost' uses the loopback
port hence no network is needed

HTH, Stan

AW: AW: somtimes no connect

Re: AW: somtimes no connect