Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> on 2011/09/09 23:22:53 UTC

Mailing list noise

Aha, I have finally subscribed to the dev list.

First thing I've noticed is that most of the traffic on *-dev list constitutes
of JIRA comments. I'd suggest to redirect these to *-commit list (unless we
want to create a separate list for bugs notifications ;) instead of polluting
dev discussions.

The problem with current setup is that most ppl are likely to filter out JIRA
traffic to somewhere (like /dev/null), but all these messages will sit in the
archive and will simply create difficulties if someone needs to find stuff
later on.
--
Take care,
	Cos

Posted by Bruno Mahé <bm...@apache.org>.
> On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 2:22 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> wrote:
>> The problem with current setup is that most ppl are likely to filter out JIRA
>> traffic to somewhere (like /dev/null), but all these messages will sit in the
>> archive and will simply create difficulties if someone needs to find stuff
>> later on.
> A strong +1. Do you know what needs to be done in order to make it happen?
> I expect it to be an INFRA JIRA but would be nice to know for sure.
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.
+1

Re: Mailing list noise

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
in my experience typically such changes require jira admin rights,
enter an INFRA jira.

Re: Mailing list noise

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Mailing list noise