Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by David Morris <Da...@plumcreek.com> on 2004/12/23 01:58:15 UTC

[CLI] Status

I used the COMMONS CLI package for a couple of recent projects and I ran
into some serious problems and submitted some patches. Next, I tried
version 2, which appears to be a ground up rewrite. It worked a lot
better after a couple of minor tweaks and a patch. I don't see much
activity lately in CVS. I need this to be a released product. In
addition to patches for the outstanding issues, is there anything else I
can do to help this get moving?

David

Re: [CLI] Status

Posted by Rob Oxspring <ro...@imapmail.org>.
Hi,

Sorry for the lack of response to your patch, I've been really busy with the
day job lately and CLI2 has effectively stalled in the meantime.  Hopefully
I'll find some time between xmas and new year to get things in motion again.
The main thing that needs doing is to go through bugzilla reviewing patches
and deciding how to resolve/when to target the other bugs.

Once that is done then its just a case of going through the release process:
    http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/index.html

Obviously it'd be great to have you on hand to discuss any
thoughts/implications regarding your patch (might even get time to look at
that this afternoon); but if you have any thoughts / patches regarding other
issues or documentation then please let me know!  Also if anything in the
releases doc looks doable then you're welcome to take it on.

Thanks,

Rob