Posted to user@struts.apache.org by walidito <wa...@sgcib.com> on 2006/12/05 22:30:37 UTC

packages organisation in struts 2

Hi,
I'm developping a new web app with struts 2 using eclipse and I would like
to organize my code like I am used to do with struts 1.
I mean putting Interfaces, beans, actions in separate folders/packages.
It seems impossible to add a package/source floder under the main packages
given with example apps of struts 2 ( the one with build.bat). I don't know
if it comes from eclipse or from struts, or if I must add new
packages/sources folder to the "root" directory...

Re: packages organisation in struts 2

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
> I'm developping a new web app with struts 2 using eclipse and I would like
> to organize my code like I am used to do with struts 1.
> I mean putting Interfaces, beans, actions in separate folders/packages.
> It seems impossible to add a package/source floder under the main packages
> given with example apps of struts 2 ( the one with build.bat). I don't know
> if it comes from eclipse or from struts, or if I must add new
> packages/sources folder to the "root" directory...

I assume you're working with the "Blank" example, as that's the only
build.bat file I can find in the source code repository.  This is just
a simple example for you to start with, I believe Ted uses it in his
tutorial.

You should definitely establish your own package structure.

How you build your project is up to you.  I recommend Maven 2, which
can generate config files for Eclipse and IDEA.

--
Wendy