Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Vimal Jain <vk...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/20 12:19:14 UTC

Getting exceptions in fresh installment of hbase

Hi,
I am configuring hbase ( 0.94.17 and hadoop 1.2.1 ) in pseudo distributed
mode and i am getting below exceptions when starting hbase for first time.

Master logs :-

1) WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.RecoverableZooKeeper: Node
/hbase/backup-m
asters/hbase.rummycircle.com,60000,1395314029900 already deleted, and this
is not a retry

2) org.apache.hadoop.hbase.catalog.CatalogTracker: Failed verification of
-ROOT
-,,0 at address=hbase.rummycircle.com,60020,1395313673569;
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.NotServingRegionException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.N
otServingRegionException: Region is not online: -ROOT-,,0

3) org.apache.hadoop.hbase.catalog.CatalogTracker: Failed verification of
.META
.,,1 at address=hbase.rummycircle.com,60020,1395313673569;
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.NotServingRegionException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.N
otServingRegionException: Region is not online: .META.,,1

4) ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.metrics.SchemaMetrics:
Inconsist
ent configuration. Previous configuration for using table name in metrics:
true, new configuration: false

5) Got user-level KeeperEx
ception when processing sessionid:0x144df32705d0000 type:delete cxid:0xc
zxid:0x53 txntype:-1 reqpath:n/a Error Path:/hbase/backup-mast
ers/hbase.rummycircle.com,60000,1395314029900 Error:KeeperErrorCode =
NoNode for /hbase/backup-masters/hbase.rummycircle.com,60000,1395
314029900

3rd and 5th ones getting repeated multiple times.

Please help.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Vimal Jain

Re: Getting exceptions in fresh installment of hbase

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.
>Zookeeper logs are still appended to "hbase-hadoop-zookeeper-watto.log".

You could change the behaviour of zookeeper log in log4j.properties.

--
Best Regards,
Haosdent Huang

Re: Getting exceptions in fresh installment of hbase

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 1:34 AM, Vimal Jain <vk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please help on this and also on whether to use hadoop 1.2.1 or hadop 1.1.2
> ?

You should use hbase 0.98.x and hadoop 2.x.
St.Ack

Re: Getting exceptions in fresh installment of hbase

Posted by Vimal Jain <vk...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 10:40 PM, Vimal Jain <vk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Lars,Stack,
> I have started building Hbase from source using the guideline provided by
> you.
> My question is i have a working pseudo distributed mode cluster on
> production with hbase 0.94.7 and hadoop 1.1.2 .I did not build hbase from
> source for this.I simply downloaded the tars from stable directories.
> Also i copied hadoop-core jar from hadoop base directory into hbase lib
> directory and common-collection from hadoop lib directory to hbase lib
> directory.
> Wouldn't  this solve the mismatch problem ?

That'll probably work. In the versions matrix,
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#hadoop, it claims we support this
combination.  You might want to follow Lars advice though since he knows
0.94 best and recompile.
St.Ack

Re: Getting exceptions in fresh installment of hbase

Posted by Vimal Jain <vk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lars,Stack,

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Vimal Jain <vk...@gmail.com>.
Stack,

Posted by lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>.
Hi Vimal,

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Your cluster seems fine.

Item #1 above should probably not be WARN.  It is over-sharing on what zk
is up to during startup (#5 is related).  #2 and #3 are just our logging
that root and meta are not where zk says they are so we reassign which
later in the log you'll see succeeds; this is just how we do startup (zk
has last locations of these regions.  When the master comes up it probes to
see if these locations are still good...).  #4 is complaining about a
change in a metric after startup.  See
http://hbase.apache.org/0.94/xref/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/metrics/SchemaMetrics.html#710
It explains why we log as ERROR.  Agree it disturbing.  File an issue
if
you are not doing anything here in this regard.

Thanks,
St.Ack

Posted by Vimal Jain <vk...@gmail.com>.
Hi,