Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/05 21:36:23 UTC

Re: [VOTE] KIP-429: Kafka Consumer Incremental Rebalance Protocol

Hello folks,

I've also updated the wiki page by making the augmented
`ConsumerPartitionAssignor` out as a public API in `o.a.k.clients.consumer`
and deprecate the old `PartitionAssignor` as in
`o.a.k.clients.consumer.internals`.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang

Re: [VOTE] KIP-429: Kafka Consumer Incremental Rebalance Protocol

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hello folks,

One last update on the KIP: we've added a section with a list of newly
added metrics corresponding to consumer rebalance events as part of this
proposal as well, detailed list can be found here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-429%3A+Kafka+Consumer+Incremental+Rebalance+Protocol#KIP-429:KafkaConsumerIncrementalRebalanceProtocol-ConsumerMetrics

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang