Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Hoying, Ken" <Ke...@PremierInc.com> on 2007/07/09 20:54:53 UTC

RE: [S2] Servlet-Config Interceptor Bug?

I am currently utilizing the Servlet-Config Interceptor in order to
manage HTTPSession attributes as advised in the following document:

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/how-do-we-get-access-to-the-session.ht
ml

The document states that this is preferred and that:
	"Any changes made to the session Map are reflected in the actual
HttpSessionRequest. You may insert and remove session attributes as
needed."

This appears to be working.  However if I look at the source code for
the interceptor, I do not see where it is explicitly calling the
setAttribute() and removeAttribute() methods.  My question is don't
these methods not need to be called in order for the Session Binding to
work and for any container management of sessions to work?  Is STRUTS2
maybe manageing the map it returns to ensure that this is happening or
is this a bug that I need to be aware of and code for?

Thanks,
Ken

***Note:The information contained in this message may be privileged
and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of
received this communication in error, please notify the Sender
immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your
computer. Thank you. Premier Inc.

RE: [S2] Servlet-Config Interceptor Bug?

Posted by "Hoying, Ken" <Ke...@PremierInc.com>.
That is great news!  I am always a little apprehensive with newer
frameworks.  Well, with frameworks in general as I get nervous when I do
not know what is going on under the covers :-)

Thank you!

The session object is wrapped by a SessionMap, so every time you do a
put or remove, the appropriate underlying method on the session is
called.

So, in a nutshell, no, nothing to worry about.
Like most of struts2, it just works :-)

-a

Posted by cilquirm <aa...@gmail.com>.