Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jim Reynolds <ji...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/28 23:46:17 UTC

MessageResource Problem In JSP Page

I have been using message resources for a while in my struts apps ...
but because it is monday, I am getting an error on a certain page.

struts.xml has this:
  <message-resources parameter="com.my.package.general" null="false"/>

And in most of my JSP pages, all is happy, but within a frameset I am
getting thrown to an error page stating the key does not exist:

JSP:
<bean:message key="title"/> and it exists within <html:html> tags.

Most of the time it just works ... but I am missing something. What is
required in a JSP page (besides including the bean tag) for this to
work?

Re: MessageResource Problem In JSP Page

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Good Evening Jim-

the com.my.package.general should be located at
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/WebappName/com/my/package/general
but personally I would change the name com.my.package.general.ApplicationResourcesin which case your file and location would be$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/WebAppName/com/my/package/general/ApplicationResources.propertiesMartin------ Original Message -----