Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Subramanian Sethuraman <su...@aztec.soft.net> on 2004/08/18 06:33:22 UTC

An Enthusiastic

Hi Folks,

This is Subramanian S from India.  I am a software developer for more than 5
years and
having exposure to J2EE technologies with JBoss application server.

I would like to contribute to this project to some extent.  Please let me
know how can I contribute.
Even, I am ready to test the application also.

Awaiting for your replies.

Thanks & Regards
Subramanian S

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
Hey Subramanian,

The reply to Jean-Marc is pretty much the best approach.

Open source isn't a "tell me what to do" kind of world--which is good,
IMO.  Who likes to be bossed around for no money?  You find something
you want to do, then let us know how we can help you.

That's pretty much it.

Finding something to do is too easy: grab a scratch pad and start
using Geronimo; write down everything that doesn't meet your
expectations, didn't work, didn't work as you though, or generally
needs work; pick the easiest thing on the list and do it.

Seriously, pick the easiest one on your list.  It will be harder than
you think.

-David