Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Joseph A Nagy Jr <pa...@charter.net> on 2002/11/28 02:33:48 UTC

[users@httpd] Powered By Apache Logo

Hello,

I know this might be sorta off-topicish, but I'm looking for a transparent png or gif of the Powered
by Apache logo that will look good with dark backgrounds. Currently the logo is hard to read on dark
backgrounds and I'm having to use a bit of css to change the background behind the images to
something lighter (like white) so it can be read clearly.

I've searched through the default images and icon directories, and I've also searched the Apache web
site, but they don't seem to have any. I REALLY prefer dark backgrounds to lighter ones, and keeping
everything looking the same/similar is very important to me (contrast is good, but if I wanted
contrast, I wouldn't use a transparent image).

TIA
--
Joseph A Nagy Jr                 Purgatory is where Windows users go when they
Founder and CEO                  die so they can figure out Linux and ascend into

C.S.S.: Construct Skilled in Sabotage
H.T.M.L.: Hazardous Troubleshooting and Mathematics Lifeform
http://www.brunching.com/cgi/cyborger.cgi?acronym=Linux

Re: [users@httpd] Powered By Apache Logo

Posted by "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>.
hmm, it's not hard to alter it to work with a dark background.
though what apache foundation would say is an entirely different issue.

Posted by Joseph A Nagy Jr <pa...@charter.net>.
J. Greenlees wrote:
> okay it was easier than I though.
> frame one of the apache 2 powered by animated gif.
> is the attached gif.

<snip>

Thank you!

Posted by Joseph A Nagy Jr <pa...@charter.net>.
J. Greenlees wrote:
> okay it was easier than I though.
> frame one of the apache 2 powered by animated gif.
> is the attached gif.
<snip>

Well, that didn't work either. :-( The Powered By was also transparent! Ah well. I'll just stick
with using what I have now. Thanks any ways.

Posted by "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>.