Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by vibhuti <vi...@thePSI.com> on 2009/09/10 12:47:51 UTC

Problem in lucene query

Hello

I am new to Lucene and facing a problem while performing searches. I am
using lucene 2.2.0.

My application indexes documents on "keyword" field which contains integer
values. If the value is negative the query does not return correct results.

Following is my lucene query:

(keyword: \-1)

I also tried:

(keyword: "-1")

But none of them returns correct results. It seems that Lucene ignores '-'.
My purpose is to search documents with index value "-1".

Any ideas??

Thanks

Re: Problem in lucene query

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Also, get a copy of Luke and examine your index, that'll tell you what
isactually
in there *and* it will let you see how queries parse under
various analyzers.....

Best
Erick

Re: Problem in lucene query

Posted by Anshum <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vibhuti,
Not in sync with your query, but I'd advice you to graduate you to a rather
recent lucene release. Something like 2.4.1 or atleast a 2.3.1 [Considering
its already time for 2.9].

--
Anshum Gupta
Naukri Labs!