Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Edoardo Causarano <ed...@laziomatica.it> on 2006/06/01 18:51:21 UTC

Farm Deployer looping

Hello list, I have a 3 node farm testbed. Copying a distributable war (the
servlet-examples and jsp-examples demo apps with a <distributable /> tag in
the web.xml) to the war-listen directory of one of the members causes the
following log:

INFO: check cluster wars at /srv/cluster01/war-listen
Jun 1, 2006 6:44:43 PM org.apache.catalina.cluster.deploy.FarmWarDeployer
fileModified
INFO: Installing webapp[/jsp-examples]
from /srv/cluster01/war-deploy/jsp-examples.war
Jun 1, 2006 6:44:43 PM org.apache.catalina.cluster.deploy.FarmWarDeployer
remove
INFO: Cluster wide remove of web app /jsp-examples

What could be the cause of this?

Edoardo Causarano
Direzione Operazioni & Tecnologia
Area Sistemi

Laziomatica S.p.A.
Via Adelaide Bono Cairoli, 68
00145 Roma
mobile: ---
fisso: +39 0651689829
edoardo.causarano@laziomatica.it
www.laziomatica.it

Re: Farm Deployer looping

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
Hi Ed, no you are right, the appBase was a change from 5.0 to 5.5, that
requirement used to be the opposite.
You can have a cluster and a farm deployer for each <Host> if you wish.
Just configure it on a per host basis

Filip

Filip Hanik

Re: Farm Deployer looping

Posted by Edoardo Causarano <ed...@gmail.com>.

Re: Farm Deployer looping

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
Can you provide more information around your problem.
There was a big change in the farm deployer between 5.0 and 5.5, and I
am no longer sure on how it works, but I am more than happy to work
through your issues with you.

Filip