Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Neil Meyer <ne...@cxchange.co.za> on 2005/04/28 11:25:24 UTC

HTML Stripping Spaces.

Hi All,

My system needs to present a string with some text spaces and text again. The
browser strips all spaces to 1. Is there any struts tag to prevent this from
happening?

I have "abcdefg123          006" the browser will display this
as "abcdefg123 006"

Regards
Neil Meyer

RE: HTML Stripping Spaces.

Posted by Robin Ericsson <lo...@localhost.nu>.
You could also try css white-space: pre. Beware though that this doesn't
work in IE. Also note that this is a CSS1 feature that was support back in
NS4.

Regards,
Robin

RE: HTML Stripping Spaces.

Posted by Mark Benussi <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Neil. This is what HTML does. If you really want a few spaces you will
have to put 123&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;456&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;789