Posted to users@camel.apache.org by chainbuck <ki...@hotmail.com> on 2014/11/05 22:48:28 UTC

Ack by the end of WS chain (client WS - [WS - Camel - client WS] - WS) *image inside

Hello all,

Does this ack (OK Reply) at the end of the chain looks feasable to you?

<http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/file/n5758561/artf1.png>

Thx.

Re: Ack by the end of WS chain (client WS - [WS - Camel - client WS] - WS) *image inside

Posted by chainbuck <ki...@hotmail.com>.
Hi hekonsek,

Thank you for the answer. I'm glad to hear I can make it work!

-------------------------------------
Second step now: I need to know how.
-------------------------------------

I did a little bit of research and here is a way (using *Transaction
manager*) I think I could potentially get it done (not confirmed).

<http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/file/n5758613/11.jpg>
src:
http://shenghua77.wordpress.com/2012/03/13/an-example-in-camels-distributed-transaction-management/

I think we can abstract /JMS queue/ and /JDBC/ to simply /Endpoints/
I also got that piece of info:
As the TransactionErrorHandler also supports to let Camel do redeliveries
you can use both worlds. Letting Camel do some redeliveries and at the end
the backing transaction manager doing other redeliveries. In fact in the end
the transaction manager have the final word. That means if Camel cannot
process the exchange then its thrown back to the transaction manager that
will perform the rollback, and redelivery.

Anyone got an idea on this?

Re: Ack by the end of WS chain (client WS - [WS - Camel - client WS] - WS) *image inside

Posted by chainbuck <ki...@hotmail.com>.
For reference:

It looks like they call it:
<blink><spotlight><multicolorflashing>*
Camel CXF Proxy

You can use CXF to proxy a real web service.

I found some related threads:
http://camel.apache.org/cxf-proxy-example.html
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CAMEL/CXF+Proxy+Example
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_JBoss_Fuse/6.0/html/Security_Guide/files/CamelCXF-ProxyDemo.html
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_JBoss_Fuse/6.1/html-single/Security_Guide/#CamelCXF-ProxyDemo
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9644346/how-to-proxy-a-web-service-using-camel
https://developer.jboss.org/thread/246290

Re: Ack by the end of WS chain (client WS - [WS - Camel - client WS] - WS) *image inside

Posted by chainbuck <ki...@hotmail.com>.
Hi hekonsek,

Thank you for the answer. I'm glad to hear I can make it work!

-------------------------------------
Second step now: I need to know how.
-------------------------------------

I did a little bit of research and here is a way (using *Transaction
manager*) I think I could potentially get it done (not confirmed).

<http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/file/n5758711/11.jpg>
(in my case, /JMS queue/ and /JDBC/ can be substitute to /Endpoints/)

Posted by Henryk Konsek <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

> In other words, I'm wondering if the following is feasable:

Sending status code after endpoint call is common practice. Looks fair
for me :) .

Cheers.

--
Henryk Konsek
http://henryk-konsek.blogspot.com

Re: Ack by the end of WS chain (client WS - [WS - Camel - client WS] - WS) *image inside

Posted by chainbuck <ki...@hotmail.com>.
In other words, I'm wondering if the following is feasable:
SYSTEM              CAMEL             SYSTEM
           - data ->
                                  - data ->
                                  <- ack -
           <- ack –

Here is what I don't want:
SYSTEM              CAMEL             SYSTEM
            - data ->
            <- ack -
                                  - data ->
                                  <- ack -