Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by zhenyuan wei <ti...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/28 02:29:59 UTC

“solr.data.dir” can only config a single directory

Hi all,
     I found the  “solr.data.dir” can only config a single directory.  I
think it is necessary to be config  multi dirs,such as
”solr.data.dir:/mnt/disk1,/mnt/disk2,/mnt/disk3" , due to one disk overload
or capacity limitation.  Any reason to support why not do so?

Best,
TinsWzy

Re: “solr.data.dir” can only config a single directory

Posted by zhenyuan wei <ti...@gmail.com>.
Pretty cool,here creates an issue to  put this discussion into practice.
issues: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-12713

Best,
TinsWzy

Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com> 于2018年8月28日周二 下午11:51写道:

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Patches welcome.

Posted by zhenyuan wei <ti...@gmail.com>.
Oh ~   my fault!Sorry for that, I should say somebody,like me~

Bram Van Dam <br...@intix.eu> 于2018年8月29日周三 下午3:28写道:

Posted by Bram Van Dam <br...@intix.eu>.

Posted by zhenyuan wei <ti...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: “solr.data.dir” can only config a single directory

Posted by zhenyuan wei <ti...@gmail.com>.
Is there any issue exists already?my all solr instances (30 or more in the
future ) maybe using this feature because all host will be 4 or more
mounted disks.
I am interesting to watching this feature, and make a contribution to that
 in some way  if possiable.

Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org> 于2018年8月28日周二 上午10:38写道:

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.