Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk> on 2008/01/25 10:30:40 UTC

[users@httpd] order/allow/deny confusion

Hello,

seems I just can not get it. This piece of configuration does not work as I
expect.

<Directory /usr/local/www/horde>
Order deny,allow
Deny from 81.199.89.0/24
Deny from 80.78.18.16/29
Deny from 213.185.118.192/26
Deny from 81.199.192.0/24
</Directory>

<VirtualHost svc.nextra.sk:80>
ServerName webmail.nextra.sk
ServerAlias www.webmail.nextra.sk webmail.gtsnextra.sk www.webmail.gtsnextra.sk www.webmail.gtsi.sk webmail.gtsi.sk
#ServerAlias webmail-beta.nextra.sk
DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/horde/
php_admin_value upload_tmp_dir /tmp/horde/
php_admin_value session.save_path /tmp/horde/
Include /usr/local/etc/horde/
</VirtualHost>

according to Order documentation:

Deny,Allow
    The Deny directives are evaluated before the Allow directives. Access is
allowed by default. Any client which does not match a Deny directive or does
match an Allow directive will be allowed access to the server.

the access should be denied for mentioned IP ranges, but it is not. Can
anyone explain to me what am I missing?
I know I can simply change order and add "allow from all", but I just can't
understand the thing.
Linux - It's now safe to turn on your computer.
Linux - Teraz mozete pocitac bez obav zapnut.

[users@httpd] Re: order/allow/deny confusion

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 25.01.08 10:30, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> seems I just can not get it. This piece of configuration does not work as I
> expect.
>
> <Directory /usr/local/www/horde>
> Order deny,allow
> Deny from 81.199.89.0/24
> Deny from 80.78.18.16/29
> Deny from 213.185.118.192/26
> Deny from 81.199.192.0/24
> </Directory>

nwever mind. There were different access directives for the same directory
in the included file.

this is why I don't like config splitted into more files...
Linux is like a teepee: no Windows, no Gates and an apache inside...