Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> on 2013/09/22 01:49:25 UTC

CMS + svnpubsub explanations

I just published a documentation about CMS + svnpubsub for Maven, with schema
for global overview of the differences and synchronization points between Maven
site and components reference documentations [1]

The documentation about Maven website is expected to be complete, but
components reference documentation still needs improvements for people to
better understand how the configuration is done. It can even be subject to
discussion, since not every component uses the same process for the moment:
one of my intents by doing this documentation is to be able to discuss with
Maven devs to define our target convention. But for the moment, it is not
possible since I know a lot of people are lost in different cases (and no,
there is no CMS when we publish component reference documentation).

Please review and tell if anything is not clear

Regards,

Hervé

[1] http://maven.apache.org/developers/website/deploy-maven-website.html

Re: CMS + svnpubsub explanations

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
thank you Robert for the feedback

I'll work on simplification and split of content: yes, the complete view is
more complex than expected, given the difference between main web site and
versioned component reference documentation

Any other feedback appreciated

Regards,

Hervé

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.