Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Duncan Krebs <li...@krebsnet.com> on 2004/12/16 17:51:27 UTC

Dependencies with a Multiproject

Hi,
I have a multiproject setup that is used to build a webapp. I'm wondering if I should put the dependencies for the various projects in the root project.xml or keep each set of dependencies in the respective child project.xml. Is there a right way to go abuot this? Thanks. - Duncan

jbpm2

Posted by thorsten maus <lo...@yahoo.com>.
hi there ..

i posted this questions once before .. and simply hope
that some people simply overread it ..

i would like to use jbpm2 in maven ...
but it rather looks like there has not yet been
written any plugin for maven yet ..

has anyone some experiences using it with maven ??

Re: Dependencies with a Multiproject

Posted by John Taylor <jd...@roe.ac.uk>.
Another way to do it is to factor out the common stuff into a separate
subproject that is not itself built, but from which the other subprojects
inherit (via <extend>).  That way the subprojects will still build in
isolation, and you've separated out the root project's responsibility for
controlling the multiproject build, from the responsibility of being the
parent project containing all the common properties.

John Taylor
Astrogrid Java Developer
http://software.astrogrid.org
Royal Observatory of Edinburgh