Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be> on 2004/03/24 09:54:19 UTC

Re: Access to files on NT-server with Cocoon running on Unix-serv er

i am mounting a win2k filesystem from *linux*. In /etc/fstab there is a
line like this

\\mywindowsserver\NAS  /NAS  smbfs
fmask=666,password=thepasswordhere,uid=501,dmask=777,gid=501,username=theusernamehere
0  0

smb.conf has in the global section
[global]
         log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
         guest account = aguestaccount
         smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
         wins server = your.wins.server.here
         username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
         encrypt passwords = no
         public = yes
         allow hosts = 192.168. 127.
         dns proxy = no
         writeable = yes
         server string = hostnameofyourserverhere
         password server = windowsdomaincontrollerhere
         default = share
         workgroup = nameofworkgroupyouconnectto
         os level = 20
         preferred master = no
         max log size = 0
         pam password change = yes

Works like a charm, never failed in about 6 months uptime and heavy
usage. I remember this being really unstable a year or two ago but i
guess samba has matured quite a bit since. I can't imagine this not
being possible on SunOS.

HTH
Jorg