Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Vineet Mishra <cl...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/09 21:34:10 UTC

Re: HiveServer2 Goes down while parallel Query execution

Any idea about this?

Frequent Connectivity issue to HiveServer2

  2015-10-10 00:23:11,070 [main] ERROR (HiveConnection.java:439) - Error
opening session
  org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException
at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TIOStreamTransport.read(TIOStreamTransport.java:132)
at org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransport.readAll(TTransport.java:84)
at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslTransport.readLength(TSaslTransport.java:355)
at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslTransport.readFrame(TSaslTransport.java:432)
at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslTransport.read(TSaslTransport.java:414)
at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslClientTransport.read(TSaslClientTransport.java:37)
at org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransport.readAll(TTransport.java:84)
at
org.apache.thrift.protocol.TBinaryProtocol.readAll(TBinaryProtocol.java:378)
at
org.apache.thrift.protocol.TBinaryProtocol.readI32(TBinaryProtocol.java:297)
at
org.apache.thrift.protocol.TBinaryProtocol.readMessageBegin(TBinaryProtocol.java:204)
at org.apache.thrift.TServiceClient.receiveBase(TServiceClient.java:69)
at
org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.TCLIService$Client.recv_OpenSession(TCLIService.java:160)
at
org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.TCLIService$Client.OpenSession(TCLIService.java:147)
at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveConnection.openSession(HiveConnection.java:429)
at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveConnection.<init>(HiveConnection.java:192)
at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver.connect(HiveDriver.java:105)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:571)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:215)
at com.sd.dwh.sc.tungsten.custom.HiveRunnable.<init>(HiveRunnable.java:42)
at com.sd.dwh.sc.tungsten.custom.HiveInvoker.main(HiveInvoker.java:62)
at
at
2015-10-10 00:23:11,071 [main] ERROR (HiveRunnable.java:48) - Could not
establish connection to jdbc:hive2://hadoop-hs2:10000/mydb: null

URGENT CALL!

Thanks!

Posted by Vineet Mishra <cl...@gmail.com>.
What about the case when even the HS2 Service restart is also not working.

So my bad is that after restarting HS2 the health is good(green) but still
I cannot query the data.

Any quick thoughts/input?

Thanks!

Posted by Vineet Mishra <cl...@gmail.com>.