Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Ganesan M <ga...@unixlover.com> on 2002/10/08 16:31:09 UTC

Copying Apache/Mod_perl/perl installation

Hi all,

  This is  kinda installation question. I have installed perl, Apache,
Mod_perl with
some modules (GD, Apache FileManager, DBD-Chart etc.,) in my development
machine.
Is there anyway to copy the installation to a similar OS/architecture
without going through all the installtion proceedures.  In another words,
can I copy the installed software/packages to another machine which is of
same OS/architecture?

Any help/url/RTFMs... 'd be appreciated.

TIA,
G-Man.

Re: Copying Apache/Mod_perl/perl installation

Posted by Ged Haywood <ge...@www2.jubileegroup.co.uk>.
Hi guys,

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Geoffrey Young wrote:

[snip]
> > Is there anyway to copy the installation to a similar OS/architecture
> > without going through all the installtion proceedures.  In another words,
> > can I copy the installed software/packages to another machine which is of
> > same OS/architecture?
>
> try using the make targets tar_Apache and offsite-tar - [snip]

RPM?

73,
Ged.

Re: Copying Apache/Mod_perl/perl installation

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Ganesan M wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   This is  kinda installation question. I have installed perl, Apache,
> Mod_perl with
> some modules (GD, Apache FileManager, DBD-Chart etc.,) in my development
> machine.
> Is there anyway to copy the installation to a similar OS/architecture
> without going through all the installtion proceedures.  In another words,
> can I copy the installed software/packages to another machine which is of
> same OS/architecture?

try using the make targets tar_Apache and offsite-tar - they may be
able to help, but they aren't mentioned all that often so they may not
be up to date wrt the latest perl installation directories.  you can
find some more information on them in recipe 1.13 in the cookbook:

http://www.modperlcookbook.org/chapters/ch01.pdf

good luck.

--Geoff