Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael Schuerig <mi...@schuerig.de> on 2005/02/24 12:53:21 UTC

Linking from javadocs to test cases

Excuse me for asking a question that is only very marginally related to
Maven. I want Maven to generate javadocs that link the generated class
documentation to test cases related to the respective classes, either
the test cases source or the JXR-generated cross-referenced source. The
rationale is, of course, that these test cases in part function as
documentation of how the tested classes work.

The link between classes and their tests is established by (multiple)
@testcase tags. Adding them to the source code is no big deal and
handling them with a taglet isn't complicated, either. Except for one
thing that has me thoroughly stumped: how do I get a relative(!) path
that leads from the generated class doc to the corresponding test case
xref doc? I haven't found a way to determine from within a Taglet where
the generated class doc file will end up. I'm grateful for any
suggestions on how to handle this.

Another thing, closer to Maven. My understanding was that Maven adds
properties defined in project.properties to the system properties. I'm
not so sure about this anymore as apparently I can't access these
properties in my Taglet through System.getProperty(). What am I
missing?

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                       Face reality and stare it down
mailto:michael@schuerig.de        --Jethro Tull, Silver River Turning