Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by kacperolszewski <ka...@o2.pl> on 2014/08/13 17:21:59 UTC

Hbase Read/Write poor performance. Please help!

Hello there, I'm running a read/write benchmark on a huge data (tweeter posts) for my school project.
The problem im dealing with is that the tests are going extreamly slow.
I dont know how to optimize the process. Hbase is using only about 10% of RAM memory, and 40% of CPU.
I've been experimenting with properties of hbase-site.xml file but I can't see any results. I think there is something I need to put in the API's code.
It's a single node, local operation. Virtual machine has 8GB RAM. Any help will be appreciated.
Best Regards - Kacper, student

Re: Hbase Read/Write poor performance. Please help!

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.
Have you looked at the performance guidelines in our online book?

http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#performance
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#casestudies.perftroub

Posted by Pradeep Gollakota <pr...@gmail.com>.