Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/30 09:47:05 UTC

APR/HTTPD build on AIX 5.2 under PASE iSeries

Hi to all,

I'm trying to build the Apache 2.0.54 on iSeries PASE (AIX 5.2
emulation), using gcc 3.3.2 and  AIX ld.

What's the recommanded CFLAGS, LDFLAGS to be used ?

Regards

Re: APR/HTTPD build on AIX 5.2 under PASE iSeries

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 4/30/05, Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> I'm trying to build the Apache 2.0.54 on iSeries PASE (AIX 5.2
> emulation), using gcc 3.3.2 and  AIX ld.
>
> What's the recommanded CFLAGS, LDFLAGS to be used ?

FWIW, I use IBM's native compiler on AIX and

apply http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/patches/apply_to_2.0.49/aix_xlc_optimization.patch
CC=xlc_r
CFLAGS="-O2 -qmaxmem=8192"

I've used various gcc levels without paying much attention to flags
and they can certainly work, though you can also hit problems like

a) gcc packaging has out-of-date copies of selected system header
files and compilation breaks in a way that looks like there is a
problem with the AIX header files
b) libgcc.a/libgcc_s.so/whatever-its-called-this-version can be a pain

RE: APR/HTTPD build on AIX 5.2 under PASE iSeries

Posted by Yanbin Ma <ym...@competitrack.com>.
It really depends on your needs. Check out IBM HTTP Server, that's an
IBM-built apache server. They're a number of releases behind, but they may
give you some pointers of what to include.

Yanbin Ma