Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Anna Simbirtsev <as...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/16 21:41:39 UTC

Feedback and field validation

Hi,

I validate fields using AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior("onblur"). When I
am on field 1, and data is invalid, it displays feedback message, and I can
see this message in session. When I move to a different field, this feedback
message is no longer in the session. Can somebody explain that?

Thanks,
Anna

Re: Feedback and field validation

Posted by "alexander.elsholz" <al...@widas.de>.
subclass your components and override error, warn and info.

override validate and clear the message-list.

that was our solution - any better ideas?

alex

Posted by Anna Simbirtsev <as...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your response. How do I get the components to hold the error
messages? As I understand the messages get marked rendered once they are
displayed.

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 6:39 PM, alexander.elsholz <
alexander.elsholz@widas.de> wrote:

> hi anna,
>
> feedback-messages will clear after the request processing.  build a visitor
> that checks the
> feedbackmassges of every component. your components have to hold the
> messages when error, info and warn will called. clear on successful
> validate.
>
> alex
>

> Anna Simbirtsev wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I validate fields using AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior("onblur"). When
> > am on field 1, and data is invalid, it displays feedback message, and I
> > can
> > see this message in session. When I move to a different field, this
> > feedback
> > message is no longer in the session. Can somebody explain that?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Anna

Anna Simbirtsev
(416) 729-7331