Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Scott Hamilton <sc...@det.nsw.edu.au> on 2003/04/01 10:54:17 UTC

User created in DB, then logout, can only see's anon user page??

Greetings!

    I've only been playing with Jetspeed 1.4-b3 for a few days and I've
    successfully got it to work with an Oracle database. However I can't
    login in admin (even though I can see the user account in turbine_user
    table in the db) and I can successfully create a user, but then if I
    logout and kill my browser and attempt to log back in again, I just
    keep getting the welcome page...   If I have a look in
    WEB-INF/user/<username>/html I can see the customisation that I did
    against that user... But it's never displayed. Why did it work just once
    but now it seems to only display the anon user???

     Cheers
         Scott.

Re: User created in DB, then logout, can only see's anon user page??

Posted by Scott Hamilton <sc...@det.nsw.edu.au>.
Greetings!

    It appears that the username parameter is ignored from the Login portlet

    If I enter directly to my browser the URL

           portal?action=JLoginUser&username=admin&password=jetspeed

    I notice in the jetspeed.log file

[02 Apr 2003 13:57:53 DEBUG] - SELECT TURBINE_USER.USER_ID,
TURBINE_USER.LOGIN_NAME, TURBINE_USER.PASSWORD_VALUE,
TURBINE_USER.FIRST_NAME, TURBINE_USER.LAST_NAME, TURBINE_USER.EMAIL,
TURBINE_USER.CONFIRM_VALUE, TURBINE_USER.MODIFIED, TURBINE_USER.CREATED,
TURBINE_USER.LAST_LOGIN, TURBINE_USER.DISABLED, TURBINE_USER.OBJECTDATA,
TURBINE_USER.PASSWORD_CHANGED FROM TURBINE_USER WHERE
TURBINE_USER.LOGIN_NAME='anon'

     Notice how the LOGIN_NAME is *Not* what I enter???  Why does this
     parameter not get passed along, anyone got any idea's of what I can
     check or modify to investigate this further...

     Cheers
         Scott.