Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by sd...@in.ibm.com on 2001/09/24 12:04:23 UTC

RedHat 7.1 ??

Hello,

I wanted to know if xerces has been ported to RH7.1 ?
I see in the platforms list that xerces has been written for RH6.1 using
egcs-2.91.66 and glibc-2.1.2-11.
Does this work on RedHat 7.1.

I have an application that uses xerces for XML parsing. It works fine on
RH6.1.
However, it is crashing on RH7.1....some segmentation fault and core dump.
I wanted to know if this is a problem because xerces is not guarenteed to
work on RH7.1, or something could be wrong with the application.

Thanks,
Deepak
Linux Technology Center
IBM Software Labs India.

Re: RedHat 7.1 ??

Posted by "Scott A. Herod" <he...@interact-tv.com>.
Yes.  That's where I use it.  You'll need to make sure that everything
that you link is compilied on the same version of gcc.

Scott