Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by timprepscius <ti...@piratemail.se> on 2012/07/26 21:02:08 UTC

general question spam filters

Hey there,

This is a general question, not really an implementation detail.
But I thought I would ask, might save me many hours researching.

Is there a way for apache james to use some sort of global spam filter?
One that doesn't require any interaction from the user?

I'm wondering if there is some sort of existing global spam database already in existence, which I could use to create a probability for spam.
I'm wondering what I would need to do to integrate this in to James.

Another option would be for users to mark mail as spam.
But then I would need to keep a database of all these individualized markings, which I'm trying to avoid.

-tim

Re: general question spam filters

Posted by timprepscius <ti...@piratemail.se>.
Thanks for this.