Posted to user@poi.apache.org by David Thielen <da...@windward.net> on 2004/12/05 00:10:49 UTC

HSSFWorkbook - multiple identical styles

Hi;

What happens if I keep calling HSSFWorkbook.createCellStyle() for each cell
and yet it's identical for each. Is it smart enough to use the same style
under the covers or does it end up with a ton of duplicate styles?

Thanks - dave

AW: HSSFWorkbook - multiple identical styles

Posted by Andre Schild <a....@aarboard.ch>.
> What happens if I keep calling HSSFWorkbook.createCellStyle()
> for each cell and yet it's identical for each. Is it smart
> enough to use the same style under the covers or does it end
> up with a ton of duplicate styles?

Hello Dave,

you will have tons of duplicate styles and (even more probable)
get an error mentioning that you are using too many styles.

Look at the list archives.

André