Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mariano Kamp <mk...@codamax.com> on 2001/06/28 14:35:59 UTC

[C2] Postgres with SQL - Transformer

Hi there,

  I tried C2 with postgress, but postgres throws an exeption that
prepareStatement() is not supported yet ;-( Is there any way to tell the
SQL-Transformer not to prepare the Statements and use dynamic sql instead?

Mariano

Re: AW: [C2] Postgres with SQL - Transformer

Posted by Mariano Kamp <mk...@codamax.com>.
Hallo Carsten,

  thanks for answering my question and sorry for not being more specific in
first place.

    Yes I am using connection pooling configured in cocoon.xconf, but the
funny thing is I was also using connection pooling when using esql and that
was working ok.

  I don't think that the problem is related to the avalon code. The stack
trace showed that the exeception was raised in postgresql classes.
Unfortunately I don't have access to the running system today, but if you
want I can post it tomorrow.

  Well, yes and we need connection pooling and we also want to use an open
source database besides oracle. As we are reporting data and don't need
transactions I will have a look at mysql now.

Bis bald,
Mariano

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>.