Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com> on 2007/07/03 04:26:32 UTC

Default Executor?

I was wondering today... should there be a default Executor which we can set
globally on the bus? I know that in the LocalTransport it'd be nice to have
somewhere to schedule the Thread that is created. I know there are probably
several other pieces of code that could benefit as well. Do we have anything
like this already that I'm missing?

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions

Re: Default Executor?

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.
Thanks Eoghan, I think thats what I was looking for!

On 7/3/07, Glynn, Eoghan <eo...@iona.com> wrote:

> Well the Bus AutomaticWorkQueue can serve as a shared Executor.
>
> This is retreived via something like:
>
>     Executor workQueue =
> bus.getExtentsion(WorkQueueManager.class).getAutomaticQueue();
>
> As it happens, the auto workqueue is the fallback used by WS-A when an
> Executor isn't explicitly set on the target service.
>
> BTW the AutomaticWorkQueueImpl is simply a sub-class of
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor with a little extra logic around
> high & low water marks.
>
> Cheers,
> Eoghan

Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions

RE: Default Executor?

Posted by "Glynn, Eoghan" <eo...@iona.com>.

Well the Bus AutomaticWorkQueue can serve as a shared Executor.

This is retreived via something like:

    Executor workQueue =
bus.getExtentsion(WorkQueueManager.class).getAutomaticQueue();

As it happens, the auto workqueue is the fallback used by WS-A when an
Executor isn't explicitly set on the target service.

BTW the AutomaticWorkQueueImpl is simply a sub-class of
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor with a little extra logic around
high & low water marks.

Cheers,
Eoghan

Registered Number: 171387