Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Ved Prakash <me...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/07 12:43:52 UTC

Copying files from remote machine to dfs

Hi Friends,

Can we copy files from residing on a remote machine to dfs ?

Thanks

Ved

Re: Copying files from remote machine to dfs

Posted by Ved Prakash <me...@gmail.com>.
hi marco, you didn't understand my question clearly, what I wanted to know
was I have a file residing on another machine and I would like to copy it on
to my dfs, is it possible to copy the file from one machine to another
machine that I have designated as master?

Posted by Marco Nicosia <ma...@yahoo-inc.com>.