Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Sally Nemes <sj...@us.ibm.com> on 2002/01/18 19:30:19 UTC

Getting Encoding from Processing Instruction

I am trying to move up to your latest level - XML4J 4.0 Beta I was using
xerces-1_4_2.
I was using the method getEncoding in the Document class but now that you
have repackaged
I switched to the getEncoding method in the CoreDocumentImpl class. I get a
null returned.
The encoding I have specified in the first processing instruction in the
document is:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?> . My IDE is VisualAge for
Java. When I look
at the variable list, the value for encoding and actualEncoding for my XML
document after it is parsed
by xerces is null. Please tell me how to get the encoding that is specified
in the ProcessingInstruction.
Thanks.
Sally Nemes

EMMS Subsystem Development, IBM Software Group
Internet Mail: sjsnemes@us.ibm.com
T/L 975-2872,  External (561) 862-2872
IMAD 4181
8051 Congress Avenue