Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Peake, Chris" <Ch...@ca.com> on 2002/09/05 23:48:40 UTC

WSDL2Java generates null package name

Sorry to trouble the group with this question but I can't seem to find it in either list or in bug base.
I am in beta II,  I have not tried later code bases.

If user is trying to return a 'user defined complex type' that does not have a package structure the
WSDL has this: tartgetnamespace="urn:null"

the problem comes when the WSDL2Java runs on the ws class which returns this user type.
It creates package structures of 'null'  Like null.MyWSClass
Not good.
Although I don't believe anyone in their right mind would be publishing a class like this,
it creates a problem in testing.
I could not find in the WSDL specification anything related to this as a user restriction.
Obviously a userdefined class with no package name doesn't yield a unique namespace.

So, is this fixed in later code?

thanks,
Chris Peake