Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Padma Ginnaram <pa...@s1.com> on 2002/08/16 22:38:41 UTC

RE: encoding problem

You need both, refer to
http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg12490.html for
details.
-----Original Message-----
From: santhosh [mailto:santosh.hegde@eximsoft.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 17, 2002 3:01 AM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: encoding problem

In my jsp i have the directive " <%@ page contentType= "text/html;
charset=Shift_JIS" %>"

In this case if i input any japanese character  when redisplaying the form
these character displays perfectly.

But the japanese characters from resource_ja.properties doesnot display
correctly.

At the same time instead of  putting above said directine , if i put  html
tag  "<META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
charset=Shift_JIS">"

the characters from resource_ja.properties  display perfectly  but  when
redisplaying the form after submitting , japanese characters entered in the
form does not display correctly.

But i want both to display perfectly.

Can anyone  suggest me the proceedure by which i can handle this situation
perfectly.

thanx with regds

santhosh hegde A

Re: encoding problem

Posted by santhosh <sa...@eximsoft.com>.
If i use both  then  form  dedisp[lay is working  but  japanese characters
from  resource file is not displaying correctly.