Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Juan Natera <ju...@lunarpages.com> on 2005/02/05 00:09:06 UTC

MP2, SOAP::Lite and Oracle

Hello,

I have a few custom modules that work nicely in a standalone SOAP::Lite
server. After deciding we needed the performance boost of moving it to
mod_perl 2, we have encountered some issues.

I am getting this error in the apache error_log:

DBI connect('','username',...) failed: ERROR OCIEnvNlsCreate (check
ORACLE_HOME and NLS settings etc.) at /usr/lp/lib/AMS/DB.pm line 32

This is in spite of having:

PerlSetVar ORACLE_HOME "/path"
PerlSetVar TWO_TASK "sidname"

In the perl block of the httpd.conf, in fact, dumping %ENV reveals they
are both set to the correct values.

SOAP::Lite is the latest version + patches from Randy Kobes (porting
SOAP::Lite to MP2):

Any clues?

Thanks in advance,

Juan Natera

Re: MP2, SOAP::Lite and Oracle

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>.
Juan Natera wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a few custom modules that work nicely in a standalone SOAP::Lite
> server. After deciding we needed the performance boost of moving it to
> mod_perl 2, we have encountered some issues.
>
> I am getting this error in the apache error_log:
>
> DBI connect('','username',...) failed: ERROR OCIEnvNlsCreate (check
> ORACLE_HOME and NLS settings etc.) at /usr/lp/lib/AMS/DB.pm line 32
>
> This is in spite of having:
>
> PerlSetVar ORACLE_HOME "/path"
> PerlSetVar TWO_TASK "sidname"

Shouldn't that be :