Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by George Cox <gj...@extremis.net> on 2004/03/29 11:09:21 UTC

geronimo / resin integration

Hi there,

I'm interested in getting Caucho Resin [1] to work in the same VM as
Geronimo.  Has anybody tried this yet, or have any pointers as to the
potential issues?

Ta.

gjvc

[1] http://www.caucho.com/resin/

Re: geronimo / resin integration

Posted by Uijin Hong <He...@runeconsulting.com>.
George Cox wrote:

> I'm interested in getting Caucho Resin [1] to work in the same VM as
> Geronimo.  Has anybody tried this yet, or have any pointers as to the
> potential issues?

What's the gratest Servlet Spec version does Resin implement? It seems
like Resin doesn't provide Servlet 2.4 (which is needed for J2EE 1.4,
the one Geronimo is aiming for), does it?

Re: geronimo / resin integration

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org>.
Jan Bartel wrote:
> Jacek Laskowski wrote:
>
>> I haven't heard about any attempts to embed Jetty inside of Geronimo.
>> So, I'd say go for it and let us know how it goes.
>

> I think you meant "Resin".

Abolutelly right. There were a lot of discussions about Jetty-Geronimo
integration, and it would've been very hard to miss them :)

> Jan

Jacek

Re: geronimo / resin integration

Posted by Jan Bartel <ja...@mortbay.com>.
Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> I haven't heard about any attempts to embed Jetty inside of Geronimo.
> So, I'd say go for it and let us know how it goes.

I think you meant "Resin".

:-)

Jan

Re: geronimo / resin integration

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org>.
George Cox wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm interested in getting Caucho Resin [1] to work in the same VM as
> Geronimo.  Has anybody tried this yet, or have any pointers as to the
> potential issues?

Hi,

Geronimo community consists of a very strong Jetty group of contributors
, and thus they certainly drive the development of the web layer of
Geronimo. As a proof of concept, Geronimo comes with Jetty by default.
However, that's not a problem as they always ensure that the layer is
not tied to any specific servlet container impl, and it should be fairly
easy to built in any servlet container.

It's also been said that some attempted to integrate Tomcat with
Geronimo, but due to Tomcat's architecture it's not fully possible. You
can also use another layer of integration (e.g. GBeans) to get it done,
but the amount of work will definitelly rise up.

I haven't heard about any attempts to embed Jetty inside of Geronimo.
So, I'd say go for it and let us know how it goes.

> gjvc

Cheers,
Jacek