Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Nathan Chan <ki...@gmail.com> on 2021/01/21 04:44:29 UTC

Contribute on Apache Ignite.Net

Hi all,

Hope you are doing well. Previously I have sent out an email mentioning
about contributing to Ignite project. I have created an account for JIRA (
nathanchan2020) and Confluence. Also, I have forked the Ignite GitHub into
my GitHub, and I have already been looking at the code for Ignite.Net and
the easy tickets on JIRA. I would like to request a contributor permission
and be added to the dev subscribe list as I would like to involve and
contribute the development process of Ignite.Net.

I am a Software Developer with 1 year industry experience. I mainly focus
on Backend development process. The reason why I am interested in
contributing in Ignite project is that I found out Ignite is very helpful
for distributed system, especially when multiple threads are heavily
consuming the data from database, which sometime it doesn't have ability to
handle too much requests at the same time.

I really appreciate if I have the opportunity to get involved in the Ignite
development process. I have worked on some projects about signal,
networking, and multi-threaded programing using C, but this is actually my
first time contributing to an open-source project. Please let me know what
I can do to get started or if there is anything I can do to get started.

Thanks,
Kin (Nathan) Chan

Re: Contribute on Apache Ignite.Net

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.
> I wonder if the dev email is a good place to ask questions

Yes, dev email is the best place! Don't hesitate to ask anything in this
thread
or create a new one if needed.

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.
Hi Kin,

Did you miss my reply to the previous email? [1]
I've added you to the contributors list, and suggested some tickets.

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r2dcdaed7c65aa655cc5d1d9ed795f55b070a95937bcb9d831a4075ff%40%3Cdev.ignite.apache.org%3E