Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org> on 2012/05/14 23:38:44 UTC

[INFO] Getting organized for OpenSocial State of the Union....

Mark Weitzel, the OpenSocial President, asked me to pass this along to the Rave community.  He would like to have a couple of Rave presentations at the event and I thought it might be a good time for a Rave meet up, as a few of us will be there for OSCON as well.

Thoughts?  Volunteers for organizing or presenting?

Posted by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu>.

This overlaps perfectly with our XSEDE 2012 conference in Chicago
(we'll be using Rave in a tutorial), so Raminder, Suresh and I won't
be able to attend. We can participate remotely if you have a plenary.

Marlon

On 5/14/12 5:38 PM, Franklin, Matthew B. wrote:
> Mark Weitzel, the OpenSocial President, asked me to pass this along
> to the Rave community.  He would like to have a couple of Rave
> presentations at the event and I thought it might be a good time
> for a Rave meet up, as a few of us will be there for OSCON as
> well.
>
> Thoughts?  Volunteers for organizing or presenting?
>
> From: opensocial-and-gadgets-spec@googlegroups.com
> [mailto:opensocial-and-gadgets-spec@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
> Mark W. Sent: Monday, May 07, 2012 8:42 PM To:
> opensocial-and-gadgets-spec@googlegroups.com Subject: [osgs]
> Getting organized for OpenSocial State of the Union....
>
> OK. It's time we start getting organized for our anual "State of
> the Union" get together. This year we are going to line this up
> with OSCON in Portland, Oregon. We are still lining up the exact
> venue & date and will let you know the details as they come in.
>
> If you'd like to get involved, then there are plenty of
> opportunities.
>
> *   Got an idea you'd like to present? Start a topic to this group
> starting with [SotU12] and what you'd like to present! *   Have a
> suggestion for what you'd like to learn about? Create a topic on
> this list with [SotU12] and get the discussion started! *   Want to
> help organize the event? Post a reply or send me an email and we'll
> get started. We've got lots to do so don't be shy about jumping in
> and lending a hand.
>
> Cheers for now and we'll see you all in Portland!!
>
> -Mark Weitzel President, OpenSocial Foundation -- You received this
> message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OpenSocial
> and Gadgets Specification Discussion" group. To view this
> discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/opensocial-and-gadgets-spec/-/w9ofmMwZI4sJ.

To post to this group, send email to
opensocial-and-gadgets-spec@googlegroups.com<ma...@googlegroups.com>.