Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Skladovs, Victor" <Sk...@his.de> on 2002/11/08 09:42:37 UTC

REPEATED:HELP!!!: Pass parameters from applet to cocoon with POST and receive HTML Page back

Hi to all!

I sent this question with a help cry yesterday but nobody replied -:(((
Does the silence of the group mean that nobody has faced this problem so
far?

Anyway, I'll try one more time.

My goal is to pass the parameters from an applet to cocoon with POST
method and receive a HTML Page back. I haven't managed to get this so
far :-(

What I've done:
	1)	In my applet:

URL url = new URL("http://myserver.de/cocoon/page.html");
URLConnection connection = url.openConnection();
connection.setDoOutput(true);
connection.setRequestProperty("Content-Type","text/html");
PrintWriter out = new
PrintWriter(connection.getOutputStream());
out.print("user=" + URLEncoder.encode("user") + "&");
out.print("password=" + URLEncoder.encode("password"));
out.close();

This is of course only a example: if it was only for these two
parameters, I would pass them with GET method:
applet.getAppletContext().showDocument(
"http://myserver.de/cocoon/page.html?user=user&password=password");

It works perfect. But actually I'd like to pass to cocoon a vector with
parameters.

	2)	In my sitemap.xmap :

			<map:match pattern="page.html">
				<map:generate
src="docs/samples/xsp/page.xsp" type="serverpages"/>
				<map:transform
src="stylesheets/xml2html.xsl">
					<map:parameter
name="view-source" value=" docs/samples/xsp/page.xsp"/>
				</map:transform>
				<map:serialize/>
			</map:match>

3)my page.xsp:

<xsp:page language="java" xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
xmlns:xsp-request="http://apache.org/xsp/request/2.0"
xmlns:esql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2">
	<page title="My HTML Page" bgcolor="#FFFFC0">

<xsp-request:get-parameter name="user"/>

<xsp-request:get-parameter name="password"/>
	</page>
</xsp:page>

	4) Again in applet :

		If I open BefferedReader (only to test), I can see that
cocoon has really done
his job - the HTML page exists, I can read it as a String in my
Java-Console , but I don't see it in my browser!!!

InputStreamReader(connection.getInputStream()));
    		String line;
            while((line = in.readLine()) != null){
                System.out.println(line);
            }
            in.close();

	QUESTION: What have I done wrong? What do I have to do to get my
HTML Page be seen in browser?

	Thanks to all in advance!

	Viktor

Re: REPEATED:HELP!!!: Pass parameters from applet to cocoon with POST and receive HTML Page back

Posted by Ludovic de Beaurepaire <lu...@axonie.com>.
Hi,

I'm using a java client to interact with cocoon like this :

 String query =  "SrvImpCtx=1";
    query += "&SrvImpNombreCopies=1";
    query += "&SrvImpOrigine=1";
    query += "&SrvImpTypeRequete=ENREGISTRER";
    query += "&SrvImpNomPdf=1";
    query += "&SrvImpUrlCallback=1";
    query += "&SrvImpCtxCallback=1";

 URL myUrl = new URL(PARA_URL);
 java.net.HttpURLConnection con =
(java.net.HttpURLConnection)myUrl.openConnection();
 con.setRequestMethod("POST");
 con.setDoInput(true);
 con.setDoOutput(true);
 con.setRequestProperty("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded");
 con.connect();

 con.getOutputStream().write(query.getBytes());
 con.getOutputStream().close();

/* if(con.getResponseCode () != 200)
 {
  throw new Exception("error");
 }
*/
 System.out.println(con.getResponseCode());
 InputStream is = con.getInputStream ();
 int c;
 while((c=is.read())!=-1)
{
WHAT YOU WANT
}

is.close();

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@yahoo.com>.
If I understand correctly, this is an applet question,
not a cocoon question:  How do you overwrite the
contents of a browser window with a string containing
html from an applet. It sounds like you've
successfully retrieved your results from cocoon.

As such, I don't know you'll find the right people
here (though you may).  Although my applet experience
is minimal, I don't think you can do what you want
using the applet api alone.

Geoff Howard

http://launch.yahoo.com/u2