Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by "info@agentur-m3.de" <in...@agentur-m3.de> on 2014/11/08 13:04:12 UTC

search in documentation

The search function in
	http://ofbiz.apache.org/documentation.html
seems not work.
There is no button to submit a search input
and pressing ENTER does not submit the search.

It would be helpful to search all sources with
one search function.

Re: search in documentation

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Enter works here. There is also no button in Firefox search bar, for instance.

Adding an option for all workspace is a good idea. But the only way I know for that is to have favourites Confluence workspaces (obviously here OFBiz
ones) where to search.
AFAIK favourites workspaces are only available to Confluence profiles. I guess you see the problem.

We "recently" discussed the idea of grouping all Confluence workspaces in one. But this means a lot of restructuring effort, when we only are slowly
revamping the doc...
This could be done after this phase...

Jacques

Re: search in documentation

Posted by "info@agentur-m3.de" <in...@agentur-m3.de>.
>Maybe you have some custom configurations which are causing this
>behavior.

I tried to search for any configuration to cause this, but
have no idea what it could be.

In the meantime inserting the line:

<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Search!">

after this tag

<input id="searchDocs" value="Search..." class="class1 class2"
accesskey="s" name="queryString" type="text">

solves the problem for me.

Maybe inserting a button like that sometime could be helpful.

RE: search in documentation

Posted by Ejaz Ahmed <ee...@live.com>.
I also use firefox 33.0 on Ubuntu 14.04 and it still works for me. Maybe you have some custom configurations which are causing this behavior.

Regards:

Ejaz Ahmed

Re: search in documentation

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
I use 33.0.2 w/o enter pb

Jacques

Re: search in documentation

RE: search in documentation

Posted by Ejaz Ahmed <ee...@live.com>.
It is working for me (with firefox). I had to press enter and it works. Select end user documentation, enter catalog in the search parameter and hit enter. Here is the result of my query:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/dosearchsite.action?where=OFBENDUSER&queryString=catalog

Regards:

Ejaz Ahmed