Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/01 06:06:39 UTC

adding a new subproject

Hi,

I thought it might be useful to list out the tasks when starting a new
subproject.  Not everything applies for every project, but here's what
I did for Anakia.

* Create new svn tree (trunk / branches / tags)
* Import initial source, with code, build, tests, docs
* Create pom.xml file in root of sub project directory
* Create JIRA project under category Velocity
* Create DOAP file (in root of Velocity site) for projects.apache.org,
and edit Apache metadata: site-tools/projects/files.xml
* Create Gump project by editing Gump metadata: gump/metadata/project/*.xml

I'm still working on these for Anakia:

* Edit Velocity site to create menu item / directory
* Set up nightly source code snapshots
* Set up nightly build. (actually, we don't have this in place for any
subproject yet).

What am I missing?

Another question - Anyone know how to add to the nightly source code snapshot?

WILL