Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Eric Chow <er...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/27 12:09:37 UTC

JAAS login module in Tomct 5.5

Hello,

I tested the JAAS Login module in Tomcat-5.0.28, it works very well
but it failed in Tomcat-5.5.x with the exactly same set of programs.
There isn't any exception shows in the tomcat console.

Please rename the attachment to .ZIP.

Please check the jaaslogin-error.jpg for screen information.

Please tell me if there is any problem in the Tomcat-5.5 JAASRealm ?

The attach is my programs. Please check. It works fine in Tomcat-5.0.x.

- setting in tomcat_home/conf/server.xml

<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JAASRealm"
       appName="AppRealm"
       userClassNames="mo.security.jaas.BaseUser"
       roleClassNames="mo.security.jaas.BaseRole"
       debug="99"/>

- copy the myjaas.jar into the tomcat_home/common/lib

- copy the jaas.conf into tomcat_home/conf

- modify the catalina.bat(windows) or catalina.sh (Linux)
   add a line in some place (under the "rem ----- Execute The

set JAVA_OPTS=-Djava.security.auth.login.config=%CATALINA_HOME%/conf/jaas.conf

- place the myjaas.war to the tomcat_home/webapps

and start the tomcat 5.5.x.