Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk> on 2012/09/17 17:42:07 UTC

Wicket 6.0.0: RenderStrategy.REDIRECT_TO_RENDER and missing FeedbackMessages in ComponentFeedbackPanel.

We're using RenderStrategy.REDIRECT_TO_RENDER (ie "redirect after post"
strategy; in 1.4.x this was working fine and our FeedbackMessage's were
rendered correctly against their reporter using ComponentFeedbackPanel.

Having upgraded to 6.0.0, the messages no longer appear.

Investigating, it seems that the FeedbackMessage#detach() causes reporter
to be set to null, meaning that the ComponentFeedbackPanel's filter makes
no match on the subsequent render.

Changing the RenderStrategy to REDIRECT_TO_BUFFER causes the feedback
messages to appear.

This looks like a regression to me?  But perhaps there's something I'm
meant to do that isn't in the 6.0.0 migration notes?

Any advice welcome!
Dan

Re: Wicket 6.0.0: RenderStrategy.REDIRECT_TO_RENDER and missing FeedbackMessages in ComponentFeedbackPanel.

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
On 18 September 2012 12:41, Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>wrote:

> Can you create a small quickstart to demonstrate the problem?

I've just done this, and confirmed (what I believe is) the problem.

WICKET-4773 [1] raised, which x-refs a github project that demonstrates the
issue.

Dan

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-4773

Re: Wicket 6.0.0: RenderStrategy.REDIRECT_TO_RENDER and missing FeedbackMessages in ComponentFeedbackPanel.

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://wickettraining.com