Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by John D Groenveld <jd...@elvis.arl.psu.edu> on 2005/01/06 19:34:11 UTC

Re: mod_perl speed difference between Fedora Core 1 and Fedora Core 3

In message <50...@mail.gmail.com>, Alex Greg writes:
>We're using the Fedora Perl packages (perl-5.8.3-16 on FC1,
>perl-5.8.5-9 on FC3), but I have compiled Apache and mod_perl on all
>the machines from source, with the following command:

If you build your own Perl from source, you can remove the potential
variable that the Fedora Perl's may have been built with different
compilers or different options.

No clue if that's the source of your performance downgrade, but it
seems like a sensible place to start your investigation.

Happy hunting,
John
groenveld@acm.org