Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by France <ma...@isg.si> on 2015/06/24 14:49:05 UTC

Which 4.3.2 CS build to use? Shapeblue's version or build from official repos?

Hi all,

we will upgrade CS 4.3.1 (from http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/rhel/4.3/) to 4.3.2 this weekend.

In official repos: http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/rhel/4.3/ there is no 4.3.2.
There is some build in Shapeblue’s repo: http://packages.shapeblue.com/cloudstack/upstream/centos/4.3/
and they also provide additionally pached build via: http://packages.shapeblue.com/cloudstack/main/centos/4.3/

Is there any reason not to choose their patched version and change the yum repository?

Tnx for info.
Regards,
F.

Re: Which 4.3.2 CS build to use? Shapeblue's version or build from official repos?

Posted by Rajani Karuturi <ra...@apache.org>.
I havent used any of them. So, I could not recommend anyone.

Building from source code [1] is the best way. As you would be in sync with
community in terms of releases and issues. Taking a precompiled version
doesnt guarantee if its the release that is voted by this community and
makes it difficult to report an issue or get a fix for it from the
community.

Thats my personal opinion and I understand that many prefer rpms/debs.

[1] https://cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html

~Rajani

Posted by France <ma...@isg.si>.

Posted by Rajani Karuturi <ra...@apache.org>.