Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by John <ja...@hotmail.com> on 2012/11/14 16:42:32 UTC

Re: add attachment to a cxf client

Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@...> writes:

> Sorry, may be it was just too early for me yesterday . just got
> confused when I saw 'AttachmentUtil' which reminded me of
> AttachmentUtils shipped in the jaxrs frontend
>
> Sergey
>
> On 07/09/11 10:42, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
> > Wow, that seems like to show a combination of CXF JAXRS & JAXWS code in
> > action, nice
> > Sergey
> >
> > On 07/09/11 10:02, opicina wrote:
> >> With this code it works:
> >>
> >> File file = new File(DOC);
> >> FileDataSource ds = new FileDataSource(file);
> >>
> >> List<Attachment> attachments = new ArrayList<Attachment>();
> >> InternetHeaders headers = new InternetHeaders();
> >> headers.addHeader("Content-Type", "application/pdf");
> >> headers.addHeader("Content-ID", "doc.pdf");
> >> headers.addHeader("Content-Transfer-Encoding", "base64");
> >> headers.addHeader("Content-Disposition",
> >> "filename="+"123456789034567834567");
> >>
> >> Attachment attach = AttachmentUtil.createAttachment(ds.getInputStream(),
> >> headers);
> >> attachments.add(attach);
> >>
> >> BindingProvider bp = (BindingProvider) client;
> >> java.util.Map<String, Object> reqContext = bp.getRequestContext();
> >> reqContext.put( Message.ATTACHMENTS, attachments );
> >>
> >> thanks!
> >>

> >> --

Hello all,

I tried this way but it seems like the context is not reset and so the
attachment gets added to every subsequent message. That means that every
webservice call afterwards will have this attachment. The workaround I am
considering is storing the attachment in a local thread and insert back in an
outerceptor. Any better ideas ?

I am having some problems on a larger scale with CXF interceptors but also JAX-
WS handlers because they seem extremely complicated in the way they operate
(especially with the interceptor chain and the cachedOutputStream business with
CXF). And I seem to learn everything from threads in forums which feels wrong on
so many levels. Is this normal ??

Thanks and regards,

John.