Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Edoardo Comar <EC...@uk.ibm.com> on 2018/09/18 14:51:16 UTC

[VOTE] KIP-302 - Enable Kafka clients to use all DNS resolved IP addresses

Hi All,

I'd like to start the vote on KIP-302:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-302+-+Enable+Kafka+clients+to+use+all+DNS+resolved+IP+addresses

We'd love to get this in 2.1.0
Kip freeze is just a few days away ... please cast your votes  :-):-)

Thanks!!
Edo

Edoardo Comar

IBM Message Hub

IBM UK Ltd, Hursley Park, SO21 2JN
Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

Re: [VOTE] KIP-302 - Enable Kafka clients to use all DNS resolved IP addresses

Posted by Damian Guy <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks  +1 (binding)

From:   "Skrzypek, Jonathan" <Jo...@gs.com>
To:     "dev@kafka.apache.org" <de...@kafka.apache.org>
Date:   19/09/2018 16:12
to use all      DNS resolved IP addresses

I'm assuming this needs KIP-235 to be merged.
Unfortunately I've tripped over some merge issues with git and struggled
to fix.
Hopefully this is fixed but any help appreciated :
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_apache_kafka_pull_4485&d=DwIFAg&c=7563p3e2zaQw0AB1wrFVgyagb2IE5rTZOYPxLxfZlX4&r=nNmJlu1rR_QFAPdxGlafmDu9_r6eaCbPOM0NM1EHo-E&m=HwQEPivzE-kKvVc99xS-xIe66IRdoD_x8cGEGCVqLFs&s=7yGX8SM2OhgJi2q8K8BXIrnu1YjEGSORIr5Bs2Up8Zg&e=

Jonathan Skrzypek

________________________________

Posted by Eno Thereska <en...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding).

Posted by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Edo,

Posted by Edoardo Comar <EC...@uk.ibm.com>.
Thanks Rajini for the PR review,

as agreed we have updated KIP-302 to match the code
so the new config value for the entry client.dns.lookup is
"use_all_dns_ips"

(underscores instead of dot separators)
cheers
Edo

Edoardo Comar

IBM Event Streams
IBM UK Ltd, Hursley Park, SO21 2JN

From:   Edoardo Comar <EC...@uk.ibm.com>
To:     dev@kafka.apache.org
Date:   25/09/2018 09:41
resolved IP addresses

Many thanks to all that voted,

This KIP has passed the vote - within the COB of 24/09/2018 - with 3
binding votes (Rajini, Damian, Gwen) and 4 non-binding votes (Eno,
Jonathan and implicitly :-) Mickael and me)

Edo

Edoardo Comar

IBM Event Streams
IBM UK Ltd, Hursley Park, SO21 2JN