Posted to users@flex.apache.org by mark goldin <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/09 22:13:58 UTC

Set currency symbol at run time

Is there a way of setting currencySymbol property at the run time based
on currencyISOCode?

Thanks

Re: mobile network quality

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com>.
My experience with uploading is that you have to code it for failures. If
you could test the quality, it might be unacceptable for your purposes,
but then a second later it could be great and the user would miss the
opportunity or window you were shooting for.

I think it is best to begin optimistically and throttle back as you
receive feedback from your server. IMO, your server code should be written
to accept your uploads in chunks. You can tell on the mobile side the
round-trip time as each chunk goes up. Perhaps your server can tell you
the last good data chunk it got in case you need to restart. That way you
don't have to re-send.

Peter Ent
Adobe Systems

Re: mobile network quality