Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Giorgio Franceschetti <g....@vidya.it> on 2004/03/06 15:52:47 UTC

Re: Please give me hand on connecting to the slide server

I simply used the slide client.
Installed the server, run the client.
At the prompt  I connected with: open http://myServer:8080/slide/files.
After that you are asked for the user/pwd that, if you installed the
cobundle with tomcat 5.0.16,  is root/<space> .
That's all. I was connected. If you need to know what to do with the
client api you can ask for help at the prompt, but you will find the
same informations on the slide's site.
Then  I connected with the XP client. If you want to know how to do look
into slide's site, there is a page showing that.
Only remember that the URL must be http://myServer:8080/slide/files ,
and not only ../slide.
My configuration is Linux as server with Slide 2.0b1 in bundle with
Tomcat 5.0.16,
client Windows XP with Slide client 2.0b1

I've only started to "play" with slide. I'm not an expert, I think I
will go deeper in the next days.
Bye,
  Giorgio

Posted by Giorgio Franceschetti <g....@vidya.it>.
Try this site, if you need to program, it could be a starting point.
http://www.onjava.com/lpt/a/4387
Bye,
  Giorgio